Friday, March 24, 2017

Hallie's Wednesday

The last thing we did today was the concert for the Cuba choir. We were in Cienfuegos, in the cultural center, with the choir of Cienfuegos. It was very warm, but the design and color of the place made me forget about how hot I was. We sang, and they sang back to us. Their voices and their songs were so outstanding and beautiful that I couldn't believe it. I spoke to a couple of them afterwards, and it was amazing to have the ability to understand and get to know a person from a completely different language. One of the ladies of the choir, who's was called Lanny Colina, had a tattoo of a rose on her shoulder. She told me she might come to New York one day to sing, and that maybe we could sing together. We spoke only for a couple of moments, but it was so meaningful and I will never forget it.

-Hallie Stephenson

No comments:

Post a Comment