Saturday, March 25, 2017

Derrick's Thursday

We started our Thursday in Cuba by riding from Cienfuegos to the Coincidences farm in the province of Matanzas. I found seeing some of the animals and looking at the art on the farm very interesting. We also had a home cooked meal while we were there. They served pork, rice, soup, etc. The beverage was made of Jamaica, a red flower. After our time on the farm we went back to Havana. We visited the Museo de la Revolución, a museum where we were exposed to some of Cuba's history. I learned about a few of Cuba's significant historical figures such as José Martí and Fidel Castro. Next we spent time on a fortress where I took many photos. For dinner we went to a restaurant where I had fish, bread, and cheese, which seems to be a very common meal in Cuba. Our last destination was the Hotel Comodoro where I spent the remainder of the night playing cards with my roommates.
-Derrick Simmons

No comments:

Post a Comment